You should feel comfortable asking these 8 questions to any contractor you interview. Most importantly, you should be happy with their answers before agreeing to a contract.
- Do you have a location and/or warehouse that you can visit?
- Are you licensed and insured?
- Are you members of a national trade association such as ACCA?
- Do you promote continuing education and career advancement for your employees?
- What is your ranking with the Better Business Bureau?
- To provide clean, professional, and branded attire for your service professionals?
- Do you offer 24-hour emergency service?
- Do you have a written satisfaction guarantee?
Yes, contractors are in business to make a profit just like everyone else in the business world. So another factor to consider is the way your chosen contractor views their own business. You can think to yourself, “Is this contractor planning to be in business for many years into the future and will they be available to help me the next time I request their services?” Well, the questions you ask can help reveal their long-term goals and intentions for their business.
This is why it is important to notice the smaller details such as uniforms, continuing education, and written satisfaction guarantees. These are things that both established businesses and new businesses see the value of and will reveal their intent to stay in business for years into the future. Being customer and employee-focused also promotes growth and longevity for any business in any industry. This should be the focus of the company that you choose for any product or service.
We at Queen City Heating & Cooling strive to work for our customers and our employees to grow in knowledge and skills to be an asset to our community and to you our customers. We hope this list helps you anytime you are searching for a contractor. As always, if you have any questions about this topic or about anything related to your Heating, Cooling, or Indoor Air Quality don’t hesitate or contact us through this site.